This week I’ve been on a Treasure Hunt and it’s taken me places I had no idea were there to go.
On Monday I introduced a process aka the True You Treasure Hunt, that someone can use to access their truth, what is at your core. To move past what your mind tells you so you can get to your heart.
And while I know all this stuff in my head, living it is a totally different ball game.
I use this process on a regular basis and so, rookie error, thought I had it in the bag. I’m constantly aware of how my expectations, judgements and fears are getting in my way. Stepping away from old patterns, expanding my reality.
Let me just say, it’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking that your reality can’t get any bigger.
I fall in there all the time, and just got scooped out.
I didn’t expect this to be waiting for me:
- Accepting that I am a Lizard. In more ways than one, but for now just know that I am a cold person. When the temperature dips below 65F outside, it’s uncomfortable for me. I’ve been telling myself that the weather doesn’t matter. I ‘should’ rise above it. Sorry. That’s not me. I’m sitting in my house right now with a hot cup of ginger water and a blanket over my shoulders on June 5th. It’s 61F outside. Being cold affects me. It’s up to me what I do about it.
- Jumping for joy when I found a local fruit and veg wholesaler where I can get 10 avocadoes for £1. Why did I care? Because it reminded me of California. Of farm stands in the US where you drive along and can get steals on locally grown produce as you support local, natural, organic, simple. Having super affordable and easily accessible fresh, wholesome, fruit and veg that is not individually wrapped in plastic is important to me.
- The realization that I love creating in the kitchen more than I love coaching. F*ck! I told the world that I am a coach! I’ve been trying to build a coaching business for 18 month. But really I want to cook. What does that mean??? That was my initial reaction. And then I realized that I can do both. Because I actually do love coaching as much as I love cooking. I love finding the individual threads in someone’s life that when strung together, burst open their reality of life, as much as finding individual ingredients that when mixed together, burst with tantalizing flavours. Kitchen work comes out on top right now because at the moment, it is more sensual.
- I love saying f*ck and sh*t sometimes. This does not make me love God less. This doesn’t make me vulgar. I am not a bad person. Sometimes there are no other words to express what I’m feeling. And until I find those words, some choice four letter words will do.
- The True You Project is for me. I need this journey as much as anyone. I am not ‘there yet’. I will never be ‘there’. There keeps changing. We are all on the same journey. Whether you call it your true you, your wild soul, the hero’s journey, or use any other words, we are all on a path to connection with our deepest self and with God. One that asks us to face our dragons, shadows, or as I so un-eloquently call it: expectations, fears and shame. I am not the only one that wants this for you.
- I am really good at thinking. I should’ve known this because for 10 years, my performance appraisals gave me an ‘Outstanding’ for thinking. Sometimes I think I think too much. That I’m OTT. That my thoughts overwhelm people. I am an INTP. So yes, I probably do overwhlem the ESFJ’s of the world. But I also make it really easy for other thinkers to simplify the barrage of thoughts flying through their head. And then it’s easier for them to access their heart, their wild soul, their hero, their God, their truth.
- I’m actually open to the world of ‘woo-woo’. I’ve been avoiding getting too close to things like Reiki, shamanism, energy work, moon cycles etc because of fear. The fear that these things sit outside the box of Christianity, and therefore are evil. And when the church has offered spiritual healing, cutting soul-ties, and miraculous physical healing, I’ve equally kept it at my arms length because it all seemed a farce. This has left me standing still, ignoring both, and wanting more. But perhaps they are the same. And when I listen to other women, on both sides of the fence, talk about powerful experiences they’ve had in connecting with the Divine aka God, I want that too.
This is who I am.
A anti-establishment, sun-worshipping lizard.
A sensual thinker.
A rebellious God-seeker.
A woman on a journey.
I said before I’m constantly aware of my own expectations. Well, one slipped past me this week. I expected that by doing my own True You Treasure Hunt, I’d get clarity about some surface stuff. A decision to make, what to do next, etc.
Not an opening of my soul and a deeper understanding of who I am. The BEING not the DOING.
Which is ironic, because that is the whole point. I guess I just proved that it worked 🙂
So, who are you? Who is your being?
What is true for you?
If you don’t know, and you’re a thinker like me…. Caught up in the chaotic thoughts running around in your mind. Trying to catch the shuttle as it darts back and forth on the loom…
You won’t let you down.